TITLE: Technical Editor/Writer
REPORTS TO: Document Control Manager
The Technical Editor/Writer’s primary responsibilities will be tasks related to document production and review for various departments within ACT Lab. Responsibilities will also include assisting with document lifecycle management tasks. Strong technical editing/writing skills are a must, along with excellent collaborative capabilities and an eye for detail. ACT is interested in candidates with a background in technical editing/writing and/or engineering but is open to candidates from backgrounds with transferable skills, such as the curriculum development or professional publication fields.
· Produce procedural and technical documents, such as Test Forms, Report Templates, and Operating Procedures, as assigned.
· Review Test Procedures to ensure that these procedures cover all requirements given in relevant compliance standards (e.g., ISO, ASTM, EN, etc.) and that processes are captured thoroughly, clearly, and accurately.
· Consult with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and managers to accurately and effectively produce and review these documents and procedures.
· Proof and edit documents produced by others for clarity, grammar, content, etc.
· Check that documents follow ACT’s document style guidelines and update documents that do not.
· Assist with document lifecycle management as needed using ACT’s classification and organization systems. This includes document categorization, filing, maintenance, migration, updating, and archiving.
· Assist with documentation auditing to ensure all are following ACT document control processes.
· Perform administrative tasks and other duties as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Bachelor’s Degree required (in a technical editing/writing and/or engineering field preferred)
· Minimum of 2 years professional work experience, with at least 1 year experience in technical editing/writing, engineering, or a related field
· Strong technical writing and editing skills with an eye for consistency and accuracy
· Ability to read and interpret technical information in ISO, ASTM, EN, etc. safety compliance standards
· Experience with documentation lifecycle processes, from pre-release through on-going maintenance
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word required, proficiency with other Microsoft 365 software (such as Excel and SharePoint) preferred
· Have excellent communication and teamwork skills as well as the capability to work independently
· Able to effectively prioritize tasks, manage multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
· Knowledge of and/or experience in the bicycle, outdoor sporting goods, and/or safety compliance industry a plus
· Proficiency in Chinese, Vietnamese, and/or Czech a plus
Please submit 1 technical writing sample with application.