Job Postings Page
Thank you for checking in with ACT. Please see below for available positions. For questions or inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lab Technician (Long Beach Office)
In need of a full-time General Laboratory Technician to assist lab and engineering staff with their daily workload. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, maintaining work/test areas, data/spreadsheet/computer work. Candidates should possess a willingness to learn and assist the team. Bicycle knowledge helpful, Chemical experience desired. Work may be physical in nature.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a plus, as some data entry will be required. Previous experience in the bicycle industry and/or working with chemicals, and knowledge of production processes, current safety and compliance regulations also a plus.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Familiar with basic sample preparation techniques
- Chemical digestion-Sample isolation
- Chemical analysis-XRF, ICP-OES
- Math skills-basic statistics, formulating in excel
- Receiving packages and logging them in computer management system
- Data entry of testing results
- Taking photos of product sample photos and electronically filing to appropriate folders
- General Lab maintenance—sweeping, packaging tested materials, cleaning tools, etc.
- Assisting testing staff, as needed
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once
- Self-starter that is reliable, motivated, and energetic
- Bicycle and/or outdoor sports experience a plus
- Discretion and excellent judgment with regards to confidential information
- Highschool Diploma
- Ability to work in teams and individually
Compensation: Salary available on request