TITLE: Testing Engineering Staff
REPORTS TO: Manager of Engineering
The Engineering Staff shall assist the Manager of Engineering with testing method development, modification(s), verification(s), and validation(s). Engineering Staff will also support the Manager of Engineering in designing and building testing apparatuses. Engineering Staff will also be familiar with testing standards and provide engineering support for testing operations when needed.
· Assist the Manager of Engineering in verifying standard test methods and in validating and verifying non-standard methods (i.e., research and development, method development and modification, etc.)
· Help to develop and write test plans and test procedures.
· Work with the Manager of Engineering to build test equipment/fixtures.
· Design of data acquisition appropriate for the testing methods.
· Be able to set up and operate test equipment/fixtures
· Read and understand schematics and manufacturing instructions.
· Collaborate with engineers and operations to design and apply new system processes.
· Provide engineering support when required for testing.
· Stay abreast of standard/policy developments and works to help implement their requirements.
· Performs all activities in a safe and responsible manner and supports all environmental, health, safety, and security requirements and programs
· Perform other Engineering department work as required
· Ad-Hoc requests from top management
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Education: Bachelor of Science degree required (mechanical or electrical engineering degree preferred)
o 1-5 years’ experience in mechanical engineering capacity required.
o Prior testing experience is a plus.
o AutoCAD, SolidWorks experience a required.
o National Instruments LabVIEW understanding a plus.
o Python coding a plus
o Bicycle and outdoors sporting goods experience a plus.
o Self-motivation to keep up with current advances using new technologies.
o Failure analysis of mechanical systems and material a plus
· Training: Participate in company mandated training and be able to demonstrate knowledge of common mechanical testing standards and basic principles of design work
· Technical knowledge: Strong foundational knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts, especially when applied to design work and quality control testing. In addition, basic electrical and data acquisition experience is a plus.
– Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
– Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
– Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
– Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
– Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters